Thank you for your interest in contributing articles, blog pieces, or recipes to Garden of Healing.
Feel free to contact us: info @ gheal.io
We look for articles that are empowering, informative, and entertaining, and recipes featuring whole-foods cooking. In particular, we welcome stories on the following themes:
- Natural health: a creative, well-researched take on health issues, preventive measures, and natural solutions
- Spirituality: ways to reconnect
- Natural therapies: informative, practical articles on a range of healing modalities
- Esoteric: ancient ways for the modern day
- Fitness: getting physical
- Whole-foods cooking: nourishing foods and simple clean recipes
- Natural beauty: ways to enhance natural beauty without the use of synthetic chemicals or invasive treatments
- Children: raising healthy, harmonious children
- Real-life-experience stories: first-person accounts of overcoming serious and/or chronic health issues using natural means
Your Voices and Stories are Valued | We accept submissions from many sources, namely:
- Seasoned writers & new voices
- Experts with real-world experience
- Reviewers with expertise in their fields
- Notable voices in their respective disciplines
- Doctors & natural health practitioners
- Mentors & health coaches
- Fitness experts
- Innovators & Visionaries
- Change makers
- People with compelling stories to tell
- Tastemakers, chefs, cooks, recipe creators
Ayurvedic Medicines, Botanical Medicine, Chiropractic, Diet & Nutrition, Food as Medicine, Herbal Medicine & Phytotherapy, Pregnancy & Childbirth, Homeopathy, Medical Acupuncture, Naturopathy, Psychotherapy, Tibetan Medicine, and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Reliable content on the internet can be hard to discern when articles are agenda-driven or salesy. We endeavor to cut through the noise and provide trustworthy content that’s both authoritative and accessible. Editorial is created with the following core principles in mind:
Integrity | We’re committed to complete transparency. We shy away from sponsored content, although when used, it is clearly marked as such.
Science Leads | Our writing, editing, and fact-checking processes follow scientific research.
Steer Clear of Greenwashing | Hundreds of millions of dollars are spent on marketing, and we understand the power of a ‘natural’ ‘holistic’ and ‘eco-friendly’ spin, and we attempt to exclude what is deceptive.
Editorial Guidelines | We follow best practice guidelines for content integrity, sourcing, fact-checking, and anti-bias review.
All Tied Up Floral Café is a custom florist and bakery café
About our Contributors, Experts, and Writers specific to Food:
Garden of Healing embraces a holistic approach to life featuring the use of food as medicine. Holistic nutrition, herbs and botanicals, and the power of all plants in healing. We also share the joys of gardening. You will find content devoted to plant-forward thinking, but we do not stop there. Cooking basics, recipes, practical advice - they are all here to achieve your dietary goals. Experts may share a range of nutritional approaches. We also report on meat-inclusive (plant-leaning) lifestyles, such as the Mediterranean diet and others.
General Guidelines for Editorial Content
We do not ask for preferential treatment based on our position as content producers and publishers. Normal business practices can include accepting a product or service provided for the purposes of a review.
Garden of Healing editorial staff will not accept payments from sources or subjects of stories in exchange for better coverage; nor do we pay for sources or access. We will not accept anything that could be considered payment for coverage. This is basic fairness.
Editorial Process - Are You Ready to Submit?
Our editorial team manages all of our content. Your submission will have an editor behind it working to make sure it’s accurate, understandable, helpful, comprehensive, up-to-date, and inclusive.
We read every submission but cannot respond to all. If your writing has been accepted, we will respond within 30 days.
By submitting to Garden of Healing you acknowledge that you accept our terms and any form of editing our editorial team deems necessary.
General Guidelines for Your Recipe or Article Submissions
- Your recipe submission should be accompanied by a high-quality picture of the ready dish set with an appealing background
- Recipes do not have to be vegetarian or vegan, but they should not use any processed or ready-made ingredients
- Recipes should not contain processed sugar and refined (white) flour
- Your recipe must have a description of the dish, a least 4-6 sentences and cleverness is always appreciated
- To submit a food story or a nutrition article, the minimum word count is 700 words. A recipe doesn’t have a minimum word count
- If your recipe was published elsewhere, the description should be modified.
- Please send a short bio about yourself with relevant links to your website and social media profiles. The bio should not be longer than 6 sentences
- Please make sure your article is well written and doesn’t contain typos. We reserve the right to do editing of your submission before publishing
- In your email to us: put the title of your piece in the subject line after the word, “SUBMISSIONS:” and the full text of your written piece in the body. (No PDF’s, Google docs, or attachments, please.)
- Source all health claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, include a link to that source.
- Include your bio: your credentials, where you were trained, any books you’ve written, or publications in which you’ve been featured.
© 1996 - 2021 Garden of Healing. All rights reserved.